Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Coordinated FlightCast: Short-field audio episode added

I've published a link (and RSS enclosure) to the MP3 file for my second "flight-cast" episode. It covers the lesson I wrote about in the Short-Field Takeoffs and Landings post a couple days ago. You can visit the previous post to download the MP3 file and listen in. Monday's scheduled solo flight session was scrubbed by yours truly due to the weather conditions. For a few hours it was almost good enough -- but almost is never good enough. In order for me to fly solo, the conditions need to be higher than 3,000-feet cloud ceiling, five or more miles visibility, and no more than a 7-knot crosswind component on landings. Everything was good except the cloud deck, which was at about 2,700 feet. I'd rather have quite a bit more than 3,000 for a good safety margin at this point. But hey, that's the way it goes. I'll just fly sometime later, whenever the weather allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment