Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No news is... Well, no news!

The weather has been particularly "challenging" in Oregon recently. As a result, I haven't been able to fly recently. The ice, snow, rain and fact that my instructor is out of town on a much deserved vacation combined to keep me on the ground. I've been snowed in a portion of the time, without any electrical power another part of the time (for three days), and VFR conditions have been few and far between (and not when I'm available).

So, I have been trying to spend some time studying for the written test and making a list of things I need to review in the air some more before I complete my flight training, in order to gain the comfort level necessary to believe I'm ready for a check ride. I know my instructor will tell me what he thinks of my skills and abilities and that he'll only release me for the examiner when he knows it's time, but I also want to feel confident myself. I'm getting there, but there are a few areas that need some more attention.

I promised I'd write about some technology stuff, and I have a lot to write. It's coming. Unfortunately, the power outages, technology failures and "snowboundedness" have conspired against for for the past couple weeks to keep me from getting almost anything done.

More to come soon. Anyone who knows how to do the VFR Weather Dance, please feel free to do so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment