Monday, December 8, 2008

Cross-Country Landing and Run-Up Check Video

I've posted a video of my landing at Lebanon on my first solo cross-country. The second half of the YouTube video is my pre-departure run-up check when I left the airport to return home. In the audio track you can listen for me using the call sign 66589 (six-six-fiver-eight-niner). There are a few other pilots on the radio channel, too. They were at a different airport in the area. A larger version of the video can be viewed on the YouTube site.

By the way, if you're wondering why I'm talking to myself so much when I'm the only one in the cockpit, there are two reasons. First of all, speaking steps out loud works well for me and I stay organized and perform the required procedures accurately that way. The other reason is simply that the camera is running, so in some places I'm narrating. But mostly it's because reciting the steps as I do them helps me doing things well.

No comments:

Post a Comment