Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tech and gadgets for the pilot

I'm an uber-geeky software and gadget freak, as is plainly obvious to my instructor, Kelly pretty much any time we're doing training. I have my audio and video recording setup, which hooks directly into the intercom system for the airplane. I have my iPhone, which runs a whole bunch of great apps especially for the pilot (new or experienced). And more recently I've started using some great electronic log book software, which is integrated between my iPhone and Mac apps.

The fact is, just like modern GPS and glass panels in the cockpit, there are a whole slew of technologies out there to make planning and flying easier and (when used appropriately) safer.

Over the next several days I'll start posting descriptions of some of the different apps and technologies I'm leveraging, so people can see what I'm using and (if you like) suggest others.

1 comment:

  1. How about some really basic navigation using clock, compass, map and the nav-aid rule to test your VFR navigation skills
    www.sifeba.com

    ReplyDelete