Friday, February 27, 2009

Signed off for the check-ride

I flew on Thursday with my instructor, Kelly (check out http://fly-oregon.com) after some classroom quizzing. It was a relatively quick flight with a number of things packed into .8 hours (VOR navigation work under the hood, recovery from unusual attitudes, soft-field takeoff, short field landing, a simulated engine-out landing right after taking off the instrument hood, etc). Once back on the ground, Kelly had me fill out the FAA form used as an application for a check ride, and he signed me off for my training. So, the next official step is to get on the FAA examiner's calendar.

I'll be flying on Friday for a little while with a different instructor for a mock check-ride to help get ready for the real thing. I totaled up my hours on Thursday and discovered I have about 70 hours of flight time. All those solo practice flights over the past couple months sure added up!

1 comment:

  1. ALRIGHT! Good for you! Now that your almost there, how does it feel? Happy for ya Greg!

    ReplyDelete